0.12.1 - 2017-11-23¶
- Support for identifying Creation Club plugins using
- Update esplugin to v1.0.7.
- Update libloadorder to v10.0.4.
0.12.0 - 2017-11-03¶
- Support for light master (
loot::GameInterfaceto expose load order cache management to clients, as libloadorder no longer internally manages it.
loot::SetLoggingCallback()to allow clients to handle the LOOT API’s logging statements themselves.
- Logging of libloadorder error details.
LoadPlugins()now loads the current load order state before loading plugins.
- Added a condition string field to
- Replaced libespm dependency with esplugin v1.0.6. This significantly improves safety and sorting performance, especially for large load orders.
- Updated libloadorder to v10.0.3. This significantly improves safety and the performance of load order operations, at the expense of exposing cache management to the client.
- Replaced Boost.Log with spdlog v0.14.0, removing dependencies on several other Boost libraries in the process.
- Updated libgit2 to v0.26.0.
- Update Boost to v1.65.1.
DatabaseInterface::EvalLists()as it was superseded in v0.11.0 by the ability to evaluate conditions when getting general messages and individual plugins’ metadata, which is more efficient.
SetLogFile()as they have been superseded by the new
loot/yaml/*headers containing LOOT’s internal YAML conversion functions are no longer exposed alongside the API headers.
loot/windows_encoding_converters.hheader is no longer exposed alongside the API headers.
- Formatting in metadata documentation.
- Saving metadata wrote entries in an inconsistent order.
- Clang build errors.
0.11.1 - 2017-06-19¶
- A crash would occur when loading an plugin that had invalid data past its header. Such plugins are now just silently ignored.
loot::CreateGameHandle()would not resolve game or local data paths that are junction links correctly, which caused problems later when trying to perform actions such as loading plugins.
- Performing a masterlist update on a branch where the remote and local histories had diverged would fail. The existing local branch is now discarded and the remote branch checked out anew, as intended.
0.11.0 - 2017-05-13¶
- New functions to
loot::GameInterfacepure abstract class that exposes methods for accessing game-specific functionality.
loot::PluginInterfacepure abstract class that exposes methods for accessing plugin file data.
loot::LogVerbosityenum for controlling the API’s logging behaviour.
loot::InitialiseLocale()function that must be called to configure the API’s locale before any of its other functionality is used.
- LOOT’s internal metadata classes are now exposed as part of the API.
loot::CreateGameHandle(), and changed its signature so that it returns a shared pointer to a
loot::GameInterfaceinstead of a shared pointer to a
loot::DatabaseInterfacemethods are now const:
- LOOT’s internal YAML conversion functions have been refactored into the
include/loot/yamldirectory, but they are not really part of the API. They’re only exposed so that they can be shared between the API and LOOT application without introducing another component.
- LOOT’s internal string encoding conversion functions have been refactored into
include/loot/windows_encoding_converters.hheader, but are not really part of the API. They’re only exposed so that they can be shared between the API and LOOT application without introducing another component.
- Metadata is now cached more efficiently, reducing the API’s memory footprint.
- Log timestamps now have microsecond precision.
- Updated to libgit2 v0.25.1.
- Refactored code only useful to the LOOT application out of the API internals and into the application source code.
DatabaseInterface::GetPluginCleanliness()have been removed as they have been superseded by
GameDetectionErrorclass, as it is no longer thrown by the API.
PluginTagsstruct, as it is no longer used.
LanguageCodeenum, as the API now uses ISO language codes directly instead.
PluginCleanlinessenum. as it’s no longer used. Plugin cleanliness should now be checked by getting a plugin’s evaluated metadata and checking if any dirty info is present. If none is present, the cleanliness is unknown. If dirty info is present, check if any of the English info strings contain the text “Do not clean”: if not, the plugin is dirty.
- The LOOT API no longer caches the load order, as this is already done more accurately by libloadorder (which is used internally).
- Libgit2 error details were not being logged.
- A FileAccessError was thrown when the masterlist path was an empty string. The API now just skips trying to load the masterlist in this case.
- Updating the masterlist did not update the cached metadata, requiring a call
- The reference documentation was broken due to an incompatibility between Sphinx 1.5.x and Breathe 4.4.
0.10.3 - 2017-01-08¶
- Automated 64-bit API builds.
std::invalid_argumentexceptions thrown during condition evaluation with
- Improved robustness of error handling when calculating file CRCs.
- Documentation was not generated correctly for enums, exceptions and structs exposed by the API.
- Added missing documentation for
0.10.2 - 2016-12-03¶
- Updated libgit2 to 0.24.3.
- A crash could occur if some plugins that are hardcoded to always load were missing. Fixed by updating to libloadorder v9.5.4.
- Plugin cleaning metadata with no
infovalue generated a warning message with no text.
0.10.1 - 2016-11-12¶
No API changes.
0.10.0 - 2016-11-06¶
- Support for TES V: Skyrim Special Edition.
- Completely rewrote the API as a C++ API. The C API has been reimplemented as a wrapper around the C++ API, and can be found in a separate repository.
- Windows builds now have a runtime dependency on the MSVC 2015 runtime redistributable.
- Rewrote the API documentation, which is now hosted online at Read The Docs.
- The Windows release archive includes the
.libfile for compile-time linking.
- LOOT now supports v0.10 of the metadata syntax. This breaks compatibility with existing syntax. See the syntax version history for the details.
- Updated libgit2 to 0.24.2.
loot_get_tag_map()function has no equivalent in the new C++ API as it is obsolete.
loot_apply_load_order()function has no equivalent in the new C++ API as it just passed through to libloadorder, which clients can use directly instead.
- Database creation was failing when passing paths to symlinks that point to the game and/or game local paths.
- Cached plugin CRCs causing checksum conditions to always evaluate to false.
- Updating the masterlist when the user’s
TMPenvironmental variables point to a different drive than the one LOOT is installed on.
0.9.2 - 2016-08-03¶
- libespm (2.5.5) and Pseudosem (1.1.0) dependencies have been updated to the versions given in brackets.
- The packaging script used to create API archives was packaging the wrong binary, which caused the v0.9.0 and v0.9.1 API releases to actually be re-releases of a snapshot build made at some point between v0.8.1 and v0.9.0: the affected API releases were taken offline once this was discovered.
loot_get_plugin_tags()remembering results and including them in the results of subsequent calls.
- An error occurred when the user’s temporary files directory didn’t exist and updating the masterlist tried to create a directory there.
- Errors when reading some Oblivion plugins during sorting, including the official DLC.
0.9.1 - 2016-06-23¶
No API changes.
0.9.0 - 2016-05-21¶
- Moved API header location to the more standard
- Documented LOOT’s masterlist versioning system.
- Made all API outputs fully const to make it clear they should not be modified and to avoid internal const casting.
loot_dbtype is now an opaque struct, and functions that used to take it as a value now take a pointer to it.
loot_cleanup()function, as the one string it used to destroy is now stored on the stack and so destroyed when the API is unloaded.
loot_lang_englishconstant should be used instead.
0.8.1 - 2015-09-27¶
- Safety checks are now performed on file paths when parsing conditions (paths must not reference a location outside the game folder).
- Updated Boost (1.59.0), libgit2 (0.23.2) and CEF (branch 2454) dependencies.
- A crash when loading plugins due to lack of thread safety.
- The masterlist updater and validator not checking for valid condition and regex syntax.
- The masterlist updater not working correctly on Windows Vista.
0.8.0 - 2015-07-22¶
- Support for metadata syntax v0.8.
- Improved plugin loading performance for computers with weaker multithreading capabilities (eg. non-hyperthreaded dual-core or single-core CPUs).
- LOOT no longer outputs validity warnings for inactive plugins.
- Updated libgit2 to v0.23.0.
- Many miscellaneous bugs, including initialisation crashes and incorrect metadata input/output handling.
- LOOT silently discarding some non-unique metadata: an error will now occur when loading or attempting to apply such metadata.
- LOOT’s version comparison behaviour for a wide variety of version string formats.
0.7.1 - 2015-06-22¶
- “No existing load order position” errors when sorting.
- Output of Bash Tag removal suggestions in
0.7.0 - 2015-05-20¶
Initial API release.